The better motor 2.0 or the 2.2 ?

I'm looking at the Impeza wagon , but mostly want to know which is the most desirable ( reliable ) motor. I've owned all 1.8 & had much luck with them all. Other than the exhaust's, all were good. I would like to find a wagon ( impreza ) . We had lately bought a 2005 Imp. RS wagon , now it's my turn. But much older of a car, I go to places where I don't want to worry about dings & things .. But to make things short , I'm concerned which is the better motor, 2.0 or

2.2 , this is very important to me . Because that means I'll be able to sell my 1.8 loyale to buy an upgrade. Yahooo ! Thanks for all your help .
Reply to
odyssey

I've had 2.2L in the first generation Legacy and liked it very much (the car, the engine AND the transmission). The car felt more like the late Mazda Protege I've subsequently bought than the couch on wheels that the late impreza became. It was convenient to use (it had the lock on the rear gate for example, and the seats were wonderful and the wheelbase was relatively short. It was about 200-300 lighter than the current incarnation. The only thing I hated were the automatic seatbelts and the 90/10 front to rear torque split. I think no matter if you find 2.0 or 2.2 Impreza you may like it more than your 2005 RS. I hate to say it, but the first generation Legacy had much more sport in it than my 05 Outback "Sport". Early Imprezas must've been similar. F^&#$@* american product managers are churning out more luxocoaches :-(

Reply to
Body Roll