Auto Box Intermittent problem - Advice Needed

Hi all,

I recently purchased a 99 Forester 2.0l Turbo - UK edition with Auto Gearbox. I am new to driving automatics and I have had the following intermittent problem:

Occasionally when engine is warm, when I stop while in D and go to pull away the transmission does not engage - It just revs. When I change to

3 or 2 or 1 same thing. Into N and back to D same thing. At some stage (Not consistent) it decides to engage again - Maybe takes 3 secs maybe 10 secs.

I do not know when the fluid and filter was last changed, but it looks nice and clean red colour and appears to be up to the max level - checked with engine running.

Otherwise the box is really smooth and changes at the right times, kick down is ferocious.

I would really value your advice, as my confidence in the car is disappearing and I am afraid that someday soon it will just not re-engage and I will be left in the middle of the road. (These things never seem to happen in your drive at home!!)

Thanks in advance

Duncan

Reply to
99Forester2.0LTurbo