Third recall in less than 3 years

Annoying. This one for ignition coil replacement and perhaps reprogramming. First one was on ignition coil programing.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

What model? My 2018 OB 3.6 Touring has had two -- the head unit and the fuel mileage estimator. No coils to speak of. I just checked the NHTSA site and there are no new ones.

Reply to
John McGaw

A 2019 Crosstrek. I usually pick up on recalls but this was just sent out by the dealer.

Running my vin number I see this:

Apr 15,2021 Manufacturer Recall NumberWRE21 NHTSA Recall Number21V264000 Recall StatusRecall Incomplete

Summary Subaru of America, Inc. (Subaru) is recalling certain 2017-2019 model year Impreza and 2018-2019 model year Crosstrek vehicles to check and/or update the ECM programming, and to replace all four ignition coils in each vehicle. This new recall will supersede Subaru?s previous WUQ-02 ignition coil reprogramming recall issued in October 2019. All vehicles previously affected by the WUQ-02 recall will be affected by this new recall, WRE-21, and must return to complete the WRE-21 recall repair.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Sounds annoying. And the fact that they took over two months to let you know doesn't help.

Reply to
John McGaw

Taking it in Friday afternoon. They said it would take an hour and a half so I will wait. Dealer is only 20 minutes away. Maybe just as well that I did not know too early as I assume ignition coils on Subaru are harder to access on sides of Boxer engine and they are well versed on exchanging them by now.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Fix took 2 hours at dealer and that included multi-point inspection with fluids top off and setting tire pressure. Now I got to figure out resetting kpsa to psi.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

This _may_ apply:

I know that I've diddled such settings on my 2018 3.6R Touring but it has been years now and I've totally erased any knowledge of how I did it. Somehow the method shown in the video does not look familiar so they may have changed in the intervening years or those particular brain cells may have died and fallen out.

Reply to
John McGaw

Thanks. Mine is different but the video that appears next when I went to url would seem to apply. I had seen it the other day but have yet to do it. Not sure why the dealer had changed the setting from psi to kpsa but maybe to mask the fact that he set all tire pressures to 35 psi.

On my previous Forester which got totaled, I recall taking an hour to change the clock for daylight savings time. On the Crosstrek there is a separate clock setting and to change it only takes a few seconds. It also removed the annoying reminders to change the oil.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Easy enough to change but still had to refer to this video:

So it is not intuitive.

Cold tires on this hot morning read 34 psi which is a couple of psi above suggested settings which is probably OK.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

My OB has different TP settings for front and rear and I leave them at

+1psi when cold. I've found that the TPMS is so sensitive that sometimes I see the pressure on the sunny side of the car jump up a bit when it is parked for a while. Oh, and no DST setting or clock setting on the OB -- it does it itself so I have one less thing to try to remember.
Reply to
John McGaw

When I first looked at the new readings I had driven the car a short distance and noticed one tire was about a pound less than the other three but this am, sitting in garage they were all the same.

Recommendation for rear tires are pound lower than front. Never paid much attention to this.

Reply to
invalid unparseable