TRIbeca Ugly and a Poor Design

Ikreh, you are really reaching for that one.

Nicolaas

Reading comprehension is actually a very strong suite of mine. However, I sensed your dislike of Subaru, even though you posed it nicely. It's obvious you are a dissatisfied Subaru owner. Sorry about that. Most of us here are not. I don't see how someone could spend $22.8k on a vehicle they don't like... why would you feel you didn't get your money's worth? Why would you buy something you don't value? What has happened in your experience to sour you on the vehicle?

Reply to
John A. Mason

Well, unfortunately Subaru doesn't allow you to drive it for 30 days or so before buying. Once I dished out the $22,800, it was mine. They are not like Walmart, I can't bring it back with my receipt for a refund. Things like the anti-freeze smell, transmission hesitation, poor gas mileage, etc.. were things that didn't show up until I drove the OBW for a few hundred miles. I didn't know that this forum was just for Subie owners to pat themselves on the back. I thought it was for ALL concerns regarding their Subaru.

Reply to
Nicolaas

Walmart, I can't bring it back with my receipt for a refund. Things like the anti-freeze smell, transmission hesitation, poor gas mileage, etc.. were things that didn't show up until I drove the OBW for a few hundred miles.

Reply to
jabario

The 05 OBW was the first Subie that I thought wasn't ugly or bland. It's the only Subie that I liked. I did test drive the vehicle for about 20-30 minutes throughout Providence, RI. The car was warmed up, so the tranny was fine. I took the OBW back twice for the antifreeze smell. They couldn't find the source of the problem. They washed the engine, in case there was spillage. I would never buy a diesel vehicle. The noise of the 4 cyl. OBW is loud enough when I accelerate. Forget about a diesel. btw, just came back from my accoutant's office. All hwy driving, I am getting 21.6 mpg.

Reply to
Nicolaas

Nic, Something is wrong with your car. I have an '02 VDC H-6 Sedan. I consistently get 24-26 mpg in mixed city/rural driving. My car is smooth as can be... it's not loud at all. Same for the transmission. There have been a few 'bug' moments on a very cold morning for a few minutes, or a poor shift from time to time (very rare)... but other than that, no problems. I'm sorry you've had a bad experience. I would agree with another poster, that the body design (including radio) are not strong points for me. I'm not sure if I will buy another one again or not. I certainly will not buy a Tribeca. I do love the technical engineering, reliability, and other features Subaru offer, as you pointed out earlier. John

Reply to
John A. Mason

John, thank you for your 2 cents. I have my first oil change coming up in a few weeks. I'll point out my concerns then.

Reply to
Nicolaas