Vibration on acceleration from standing start

It happens in my 1999 OBW when starting up from a stop: a low- frequency shuddering feeling in the steering. It goes away at any other time.

What's happening? Is it important to fix it?

The car has 165,000 miles on it, but I think of it still as my "new car."

Uncle Ben

Reply to
Uncle Ben

Inner joint on one of the axle shafts has gone bad.

Reply to
John