Chirping noise coming from Transmission??

I've noticed a chirping sound coming from my car. It's a fast, constant chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp sort of thing. It's coming from below the car. If I'm sitting in it and have the door open I can hear it. If I put my foot on the clutch it goes away. The clutch doesn't even have to be in all the way. Just the slightest pressure makes the noise stop. Anyone know what this might be. It's running/shifting fine. It's a 2000, 5-speed about 42,000 miles on it. Thanks.

Reply to
Scott Streeter

It's the clutch throw-out bearing/arm, probably. Others can tell you the place where you need to put a little white lithium grease to alleviate the problem...

Reply to
Alan Baker

It's nothing serious, just a squeak where the clutch slave cylinder rod contacts the throwout arm. If you crank the steering full left and look behind the right front tire, you should see the slave cylinder, etc. Squirt a small dab of white lithium grease into the cup on the arm where the rod bears on it. Should last for at least a year, much longer if the car sees no rain.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Had the same problem...

I did this and it is still quite after two years!

Steven

- - -

Reply to
Steven Spits

Thanks guys... I'm happy to hear it's something simple!

Reply to
Scott Streeter

Before Leon or Col jump in: it's quiet, not quite. A typo.

Steven

- - -

Reply to
Steven Spits

I am being slandered here! I would never jump on this innocent typo. In fact, I do not even have time to jump on them all.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

"Leon van Dommelen" wote:

Wait until I have to write a sentence with witch, euh, which, mmm, whitch, wich, euh... never mind!

Steven

- - -

Reply to
Steven Spits