Chirping noise coming from Transmission??

I've noticed a chirping sound coming from my car. It's a fast, constant chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp sort of thing. It's coming from
below the car. If I'm sitting in it and have the door open I can hear it. If I put my foot on the clutch it goes away. The clutch doesn't even have to be in all the way. Just the slightest pressure makes the noise stop. Anyone know what this might be. It's running/shifting fine. It's a 2000, 5-speed about 42,000 miles on it. Thanks.
--
Scott Streeter
snipped-for-privacy@wpi.edu

It's the clutch throw-out bearing/arm, probably. Others can tell you the place where you need to put a little white lithium grease to alleviate the problem...
--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia

It's nothing serious, just a squeak where the clutch slave cylinder rod contacts the throwout arm. If you crank the steering full left and look behind the right front tire, you should see the slave cylinder, etc. Squirt a small dab of white lithium grease into the cup on the arm where the rod bears on it. Should last for at least a year, much longer if the car sees no rain.
--
Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
'94C
"Scott Streeter" wrote:

Had the same problem...
http://www.miata.net/garage/tsb/s003_95.html
I did this and it is still quite after two years!
Steven
- - -
Thanks guys... I'm happy to hear it's something simple!
--
Scott Streeter
snipped-for-privacy@wpi.edu
"Steven Spits" wrote:

Before Leon or Col jump in: it's quiet, not quite. A typo.
Steven
- - -

I am being slandered here! I would never jump on this innocent typo. In fact, I do not even have time to jump on them all.
Leon
--
Leon van Dommelen ;) Bozo, the White 96 Sebring Miata ,)
To reply to me, the word Miata must be in the subject.

Wait until I have to write a sentence with witch, euh, which, mmm, whitch, wich, euh... never mind!
Steven
- - -