Re: Outback makes list of most ticketed cars

The most common violation is driving with parking lights.

-John O

Reply to
John O
25$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi064.nbdc.sbc.com...

On cars without daytime running lights, I assume.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp
25$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi064.nbdc.sbc.com...

Maybe because few know how to turn them off. -- the notorious rocker switch above the steering column.

(John, mabye you considered that too obvious to mention.)

Uncle Ben

Reply to
Uncle Ben

Maybe because few know how to turn them off. -- the notorious rocker switch above the steering column.

(John, mabye you considered that too obvious to mention.)

Uncle Ben

________________

Yep, that's the one!

-John O

Reply to
John O

I don't think that that is it. That rocker switch above the column enables you to turn them on when the car is off. If you had that rocker switch in the wrong position, and didn't know it was there, then you would drain your battery. At least that is how it works on my car. Is that not how it is supposed to work?

Speaking of which, on my car (a 95 legacy) the headlights turn off when I turn the ignition off. So I just leave my headlight switch in the on position so I always have them on for safety. Do new subies work like that? When I see people driving in a subie at dusk with no headlights on, I wonder how that got themselves into that position.

Bill

9125$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi064.nbdc.sbc.com...

Reply to
weelliott

.19125$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi064.nbdc.sbc.com...

Ah, so! Good thinking there, Mr. Elliot.

Yes, my up-to-date 1999 turns off the headlights with the ignition. I blink my lights at the dark cars, but only once did they get the message.

Uncle Ben

Reply to
Uncle Ben

gl.19125$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi064.nbdc.sbc.com...

I'm also one of the few people that bothers any more to blink lights at car's without their headlights on. I have found success in turning my headlights off so that I just have parking lights, then using the turn signal stalk to flash the highbeams two or three times, then turning my headlights back on. The contrast of off bright off bright is either more noticeable, or it helps relay that message that their lights are off since I turned mine off then flashed them. I still only have about a 20% success rate with that, but I'd like to think it has helped someone to stay safer.

Bill

Reply to
weelliott