What's Wrong With This Picture: Subaru Gives It Another Shot Edition

Subaru's search for a consistent design language is the stuff of automotive legend, as the brand has flitted from one theme to the next, seemingly coming up with a new direction with each new vehicle. Now, starting with the Hybrid Tourer Concept from the last Geneva Show, Subaru seems to have settled into something of [...] Read More:

----------------------------------- Subaru NewsHub: Latest auto news sourced from websites, portals and blogs

sjmmail2000-247

ve legend, as the brand has flitted from one theme to the next, seemingly c= oming up with a new direction with each new vehicle. Now, starting with the= Hybrid Tourer Concept from the last Geneva Show, Subaru seems to have sett= led into something of [...]

Why do all Subarus have to have these ugly looking bulging fenders?

I can understand this type of styling for an SUV, like the Forester, or a crossover like the Outback, but why in the world put these ugly things on a sedan like the Legacy, and now even on an otherwise nice looking coupe.

Why?

Is this what people like nowadays, instead of a clean look?

Basia

Reply to
abjjkst

tive legend, as the brand has flitted from one theme to the next, seemingly= coming up with a new direction with each new vehicle. Now, starting with t= he Hybrid Tourer Concept from the last Geneva Show, Subaru seems to have se= ttled into something of [...]

gs

I forgot to say that the coupe it far better looking than the Nissan monstrosity:

Basia

Reply to
abjjkst

motive legend, as the brand has flitted from one theme to the next, seeming= ly coming up with a new direction with each new vehicle. Now, starting with= the Hybrid Tourer Concept from the last Geneva Show, Subaru seems to have = settled into something of [...]

logs

LOL! Finding one or 2 vehicles that look worse isn't much consolation. That said, I think this isn't too bad - the front looks 'busy' with unnecessary details/accents.

meh

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

legend, as the brand has flitted from one theme to the next, seemingly coming up with a new direction with each new vehicle. Now, starting with the Hybrid Tourer Concept from the last Geneva Show, Subaru seems to have settled into something of [...]

I;m having trouble imagining an OBS version of this with decent off road ground clearance and room for 2 deer and gear.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch