Why is it impossible to even test drive a Forester turbo in the midwest?

Is there some reason that most Subie dealers don't even carry inventory of the new '10 forester XT? I have driven the non turbo '10 Forester and liked it, but wanted to see how the turbo compared performance wise.

But in this market (Mpls-St.Paul MN) at least, there are no dealers even carrying inventory.

Is it the economy or is the turbo buyer demo not into Foresters?

If so, why even bother to make em?

Or is it this part of the country?

I'd really like to test drive a turbo, should I just find another turbo model ( like the Legacy) and drive that to get an idea? Thing is, I'd like it in a AT package, or are turbo's strictly a MT thing?

Lot's of questions I know but when I have asked the dealer why they don't carry them, he said that they just don't sell.

Huh, maybe the market is along the West Coast or other "big money" markets like New York, Florida, etc.

Reply to
Uturn

Dunno where you are, Brooklyn park shows 2 in inventory, you can try the other dealers yourself - or have your preferred dealer order one for you. I ordered my '06 WRX in Oct. of 05. They would rather sell something on the lot - but they would also prefer you didn't spend your $$$ witha competitor.

check here;

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

OK thanks I see that!

I Never considered them as there is a Subie dealership right in my back yard (south metro area). I guess I'll have to make the trek over there.

I don't like that dealership group (Morries) much (they seem high pressure to me) but maybe I can suck it up long enough to get the test drive in.

They even have Tribeca's (which is what I'm leasing now) the other 2 dealerships I visited had none.

Thanks again!

Reply to
Joe

Reply to