Wierd irreproduceable electrical gremlins?

The wierdest thing happened yesterday. I was cruising along on the highway on cruise control. I got to some construction work which reduced the highway down to one lane in each direction. So I get stuck behind some slower drivers and there's no other choice but to match their speed

-- no problem, I use the accelerate and decelerate feature on the cruise throughout the whole length of the construction zone, and I match the speed of the car in front me. Then the construction zone ends, great, now I can get back up to my normal speed, so I start accelerating with my foot, and then when I get to my regular cruise speed, I set the cruise control again, and lift my foot off. The car starts slowing down. I put my foot back on the gas peddle again, and look at the cruise control toggle light, it's off -- I click it to turn it on again, and it doesn't turn on, tried for several times and it never came on. Later on, my CD player starts acting funny too, the song starts skipping, change the song, and even that song is skipping. About 50 miles later, I get off the road and into a roadside restaurant, and turn off the car. Go get a coffee, come back, and turn it on, cruise control is back, CD is fine again, etc.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened. Other times, for example, I've noticed that perhaps a turn signal is no longer working on one corner of the car. Again I turn it off, and turn it on again, and the previously dead turn light is working again.

It's a 2000 OBW, has anyone else seen these sorts of things happen to their car too?

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan