winter rims?

Aside from the curb rush how worse could they be? As someone who managed to total 3 steelies (despite the 0.7 sidewall-to-width ratio) and no alloys (yet) I'm naturally curious. I'm also curious how quickly do cops go thru rims on pursuit cars in metro areas (going over curbs and all)?

Reply to
Body Roll

then you're probably not living in an area with lots of snow (and salt). a lot of people put on snow tires with an extra set of cheap, steel rims, to avoid the hassle of remounting their tires twice a year, and to save their nice mag wheels from the salt.

dealer takeoffs used to be a cheap source for them, except that more cars come standard with mags nowadays, and it seems that most dealers have wised up, and now stick their takeoffs back into their parts inventory, so they can sell them for full list. after all, they're "genuine", you know!

Reply to
tom klein