WRX brakes

I have an 02 WRX sedan,

it is under 15K and i had to re-cut the rotors twice already? wondering if any one had similar problems.

thanks

Reply to
kleviy

Edward Hayes

Once the rotors warp, cutting will only delay the inevitable...they'll warp again. Probably sooner next time. Cutting causes the rotors to have thinner areas which heat and cool at different rates. That just about guarantees warping.

Put the money toward a set of Brembo rotors. Even the OEM equivalent rotors are excellent. After having my rotors turned twice, I bought a set of Brembo's from Tire Rack and no problems after 10k. The dealer charged me $60 to turn the rotors and I think I paid about $80 for new Brembo's (Impreza LX). That $60 was wasted.

Dave

Reply to
DJA

Great site-- I learnd a bunch about brakes.

Reply to
SuperPoo

Here's an interesting article on "warped" rotors, the author, with over 40 years of experience working on pro race cars, has never seen a warped brake disk.

Jerry and Bea

I've seen discussions on that article here and on another car forum. Never seen a warped disc? Sorry - I don't believe it. With a dial indicator, I measured 0.008" runout on aftermarket discs on a car of mine that developed shaking upon brake application. Since they were guaranteed, I took them back to Advance and they swapped them for another pair - shaking went away.

Bill Putney

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Reply to
Bill Putney

i have 14k miles on my 2004 wrx and they will need to be replaced. any chance of it happening under warranty? 14k miles seems pathetically poor for routine driving back and forth to work every day. I mean, c'mon, the rotors on my 2001 Audi A4 lasted 50k miles before they had to be replaced, and they did them for free under the 4 years

50k mile free service.
Reply to
Sam Hain

fyi .. my dealer ground my rotors under warranty today, no questions asked.

Reply to
Sam Hain