WRX Siting - Wheels from hell!

I saw a WRX 4 door hatchback today. While that is nothing special, I immediately noticed the horrible wheels on this car. The rims, I mean. They looked like stock from an no options '85 Honda Civic. Not even wheel covers. They weren't snow tire mounts, either.

Why would someone own a car like that and opt for such crappy wheels? I didn't realize the car could be purchased that way. Am I wrong? Shed some light, people.

Reply to
RankAndFile

what's your point? If you dont like the wheels you can always change them. I got a 2004 WRX wagon 2 months ago. I love the car. It's the only car that I really have fun driving in a long time(besides my '64 grand prix 389 w/ tri-power(3 2bbl carbs) and my '56 ford pu w/ built chevy 327). I put

Reply to
Bryan Lee

I'm not downing the car. I would love to have one. I'm downing the owner of the car. They've chosen to put ass ugly wheels on an otherwise nice looking car.

It detracts from the appearance. Those wheels on that car just don't seem to mesh. Get it? It's like going to a fine restaurant and eating the meal on paper plates with plastic utensils.

That's the point!

Reply to
RankAndFile

The owner probably has the wheels, and is selling the car without that expensive add-on.

Think about it, would you sell your rad-wheels with your car if you could use them on your new car?

If you want to buy it, you should use that as a bargaining chip to reduce the price.

Or, if you aren't going to buy it, STFU and go look at riceboypage.com or something.

Reply to
Sparky Polastri

Right, Sparky. It should have been so obvious to me, Sparky. That's the first sign that a car is for sale, Sparky. I should find him and get his asking price, Sparky. You think? Sparky?

Reply to
RankAndFile

maybe his original wheels were stolen, or he is getting them polished, or getting new tires mounted, etc.

Reply to
Sam Hain

Why would anyone here have an answer...we didn't even see what you saw! Ask the guy that put em on, the owner.

Reply to
CompUser

Maybe he had these wheels, then, he bought this cool car to go with them. :-)

-John O

Reply to
John O

People who actually race can't be concerned with how their wheels look when they have 4 different sets of tires to cart around. That may be one reason.

Reply to
Chris Phillipo

I see old women driving the non-wagon WRXs here in my town. I have to wonder why they chose the WRX over a non-turbo subaru. I often smile and imagine how fun it would be if for some reason I took the women for a ride in their own car, with me driving. They probably have no idea what it is they are driving and what the WRX is capable of. I know most people are very afraid to run the rpms up near the redline, just hearing their engine wind that fast is something they have never experienced. It brings a smile to my face just typing this, imagine the look on their faces as I shift from

1st to 2nd!

--Dan

Reply to
dg

That's realistic. I'll stalk the parking lot until he arrives.

I thought it was a curious sight and thought there might be some opinions about it. I guess everybody would rather bitch about the post. I must have breached a rule of etiquette. My apologies.

Reply to
RankAndFile

"But parked in her rickety old garage Is a brand new, shiny red super stock Dodge...

It's the little old lady from Pasadena..."

Ask nicely, maybe Granny will let you drive her car!

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

To wake a troll?

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

Witty.

Reply to
RankAndFile

More like:

Obvious.

Maybe the Subaru newsgroup is just so quiet that trolls don't stand out as much as they do in the operating system and programing language advocacy groups.

Nick

Reply to
The_Incubator

Some folks keep more than one set of wheels. Street, AutoX, RallyX.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

RankAndFile wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

You got me, buddy. I'm obviously a troll. Congrats.

Reply to
RankAndFile

s/[Tt]roll/Sarcastro/g

Reply to