WRX suspension problem

I have a 02 WRX with about 35k miles on it. I just noticed that from behind the car tilts a bit and the left side is lower. at the wheel, i can put about a finger in between the wheel and wheel well, but on the right rear wheel i can fit 3. I also noticed that when i go around left turns at high speeds i hear a quick tapping sound coming from the RIGHT side of the car, and i also hear it when i go up a hill, down and back up, at higher speeds when the car is being pushed down a bit. Also looking at the RIGHT rear tire, its possible that its rubbing on the something because the top near the outside of the wheel seems to be wearing in a weird way. Does anyone know what this could be???

Thanks,

-matt

Reply to
Matt

I have read about folks putting in aftermarket springs and not getting them seated/aligned properly. maybe something like that is going on?

Carl

Matt wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan
*I* didn't, but i can't speak for the previous owner. Something to consider. Thanks.

Reply to
Matt

Maybe the left spring is broken. Jack the car on the rear left side and have a good look.

Reply to
Gilles Gour

Broken sway bar link?

Reply to
johninKY

How easy are these things to fix? How much is it gonna run me? ;)

Reply to
Matt

Garage called, bent suspension, prob caused by a pothole. Nothing broken, but $900 in parts & labor. nothing under my extended warranty. bummer.

Reply to
Matt

Please elaborate for the NG's sake... What was bent. Where/how. Things to look for at home. What was replaced and what cost was parts vs labour?

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Got the bill:

1 - Differential Member $78.23 1 - Lateral Link AY RE $139.96 1 - Guide RH - 16.82 1 - Guide LH = 16.82

parts: $251.83 labor: $668.95

got a wheel alignment and $25 in "shop supplies." Guess taking the whole rearend apart can cost a lot in labor....

$1039.57 total

hope that helps the group.

Reply to
Matt