WRX-TR or Mazda3 2.3?

Tried both this weekend. WRX TR and Mazda 3 with 2.3 L engine. Neither has sunroof, am too tall to want one.

I loved both cars. Each one, I would buy in a minute, if I was only 6 feet tall. I fit more comfortably in the Mazda3, but the WRX is tolerable and a LOT faster.

I haven't seen too many severe complaints on the boards about either, not like some of the other cars out there. Consumer Reports claims both have above average reliability. The WRX costs a bunch more. Is it worth it?

Anyone here have practical experience they care to share? Troubles, joys, factory "policy" decisions, anything?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
ibuildthings

mike

I assume that this Mazda is not the turbo (250 hp), because that one has just been announced at Geneva:

"We will be able to enjoy the new 3 here in the United States. Look for the little pocket rocket this summer as a 2007 model, when it will be renamed the MazdaSpeed3."

So I suppose it is this one with 160 HP:

It depends on what you want from the car. The Subaru WRX has 4 wheel drive (a real 4WD system with a center differential). It also has much more power (the current US version has a 2.5L engine with 230hp). On the downside the fuel consumption will be higher, maybe much higher (depending on your right foot).

Reply to
Rui Pedro Mendes Salgueiro