1988 Ford Laser car startup problem

Hello all,

Recently my car stop starting up with just a click sound when trying to startup. Headlights and air conditioning works fine although the engine doesnt start. I dont know any thing about cars so I've been looking through the posts in this list and was hoping to clarify my findings.

Is the battery fine since air conditioning works and headlights work? Is the solenoid fine since i only hear a click? Problem is probably with cables, alternator or ignitor? I've had problems with the alternator before basically the wire kept coming off but my attempts at forcing the cable into the alternator were unsuccessful in starting the engine. Ideas?

Thanks in advance, Ben

Reply to
Ben