1994 GMC Safari

My van recently started dying when coming to a stop. I replaced plugs, wire s, cap and rotor when I found a burned up spark plug wire. Things appeared fine for awhile until the van died while driving at 50mph. This was somethi ng new. Another new thing is that it wouldn't immediately restart.

It has done this a few times now. The most recent was last week when I star ted it and it immediately died. I worked on it for a couple hours and could never get the van to even crank. I recharged the battery even though the c harger indicated it was over 50% charged. I tried jumping. I couldn't get i t to crank at all. The strange part to me is that it headlights and dome li ghts still worked, but the flashers wouldn't. The part about the flashers b affles me and I think it is an important part to solving this puzzle.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Tod Kozeluh

Take a close look at the ground straps from the engine to the chassis. Also take a look at the bulkhead connector for the main harness. There were a few years when those liked to melt.

Reply to
Steve W.