1995 Miata valve tapping

Good evening,

I have a '95 miata with the 16 valve engine. 40,000 miles. Shortly after having the oil changed (3,000 miles after previous change) valve lifter started tapping. I've tried several additives, changed the oil twice more, used synthetic, etc. and no luck. Has anyone experienced this kind of problem? I'm very dissappointed with this little car at this point; very surprised to have any engine trouble. Any suggestions? Taking things apart to get to the lifter looks like a real pain; they're directly operated from overhead cam.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks, Mitchell R. Brown

Reply to
brownfam