1996 Ford Ranger door locking mechanism

I had to get the door on my Ranger jimmied, but in the process this weird white plastic part got knocked free, and I'm not sure where I should put it back.

The part number is F1LY-6321970-A, which according to google is also a part used in Ford Thunderbirds & Cougars. I found a PDF with the part number and a replacement, but this one isn't broken. I couldn't find anything else useful through Google,

My next step is probably to buy a Chilton's and hope it's in there, but I figured I'd drop a note here in case anyone happened to know, or know where I could find a detailed door-innards walkthrough.

Thanks, ristoril

Reply to
Ristoril