1996 Taurus/HELP

Intake gasket or manifold?? Any suggestions much appreciated - can't seem to find the problem!! Subject: Re: Fw: '96 Taurus/temp fluctuating

| Dad, | Did park car on hill and fill up... which did work. | On short trips where coolant didn't get hot enough, | the level finally maintained with no overheating. | Thought problem was fixed. Today though on trip to | Chattanooga, 1st long trip since fill up accomplished | - same problem. Pulled off exit ramp - at low rpms, | the coolant overheated and boiled out the filler cap. | | Showed it to a mechanic the other day who seemed | extremely good and he sd he heard a | whump-whump-whump-whump-whump sound out the exhaust (I | couldn't make it out). He's a former racer / | rebuilder. Much experience. He though this | whump-whump-whump sound coming out the exhaust | indicated that the mechanic who put the intake gasket | on, might have put it on upside down - which | apparently is easy to do - and this would cause the | circualtion problem... and the sound he heard. | | Guess I will try a water pump next, just to eliminate | that as a problem - if that doesn't fix it, I'll take | it and see if it is an upside down intake gasket. | | Can you see if your Ford experts have heard of the | upside down intake gasket causing this problem? They | were dead on right about parking on a hill to | completely fill the car. | | Love, | David | | | | | --- Ralph Griffith wrote: | > A good suggestion David....park on a hill with the | > front of the car pointing | > up the hill and let it set awhile... or on the | > ramps... good luck.. love | > Dad | > ----- Original Message ----- | > From: "Dick C" | > Newsgroups: rec.autos.tech | > Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 5:00 PM | > Subject: Re: '96 Taurus/temp fluctuating | >

| > | Ralph Griffith wrote in rec.autos.tech | > | | > | > Appreciate any suggestions... thanks | > | > From: "Ralph Griffith" | > | > | > Subject: 1996 Taurus/water pump? | > | > Date: Thursday, April 22, 2004 1:07 PM | > | >

| > | > Any suggestions from this elite group most | > appreciated. | > | > Temp. reading fluctuates on 1996 Taurus, just | > installed a different 3.0 | > | > engine.. | |

Reply to
Ralph Griffith