2001 Crown Vic P71 Fuel Pump

Lately, like for the last month my P71 has off and on had a hard time starting. It will go for a week just fine, then I go to start it and it cranks for 10 to 15 sec. and fires and dies. I try again it fires and dies, I hold the pedal to the floor and crank and it starts but runs rough for a few seconds. After that it starts fine until about a week later it does it again. Then last Sun. it started hard as I pulled it out of the garage, I left it sit for a few hours, when I went to put it back in the garage it started hard again ran for a minute then died. Now it won't start at all. Is this the fuel pump? Any help greatly apprieciated.

Roger

Reply to
Roger

It might be, but if you are just going to guess what is the cause then you should start with some of the cheaper stuff. How many miles on the filter? How many miles on the plugs? Is the check engine light on?

disston

Reply to
disston