89 subaru 4 door sedan

Forgot to tell that if u pull off any plug wire on psgr. side , makes no difference.all plug wires ae firing. Pull off Dr.. side wires and gets worse.

Reply to
Frank Fuller

Check the firing order first. Then run a compression and leak down test. Suspect a blown head gasket if the firing order is correct.

Reply to
Steve W.

What makes you think they are all firing? Did you check with the timing light or pull them out and look?

Put a noid light on the injectors on the suspect side.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

replying to Steve W., Frank Fuller wrote: I suspect the firing order is correct it just did this going down the road. I will do a compression check on it thank you

Reply to
Frank Fuller

If you are doing this going down the road... God help you!

you need to go home to do things like compression checks! Are you mad?

Reply to
johnny smithers

Hell, I replaced a head gasket on a Chrysler on the shoulder of Rt. 81 once. Kids these days...

Not as mad as I was at Chrysler, I bet.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

replying to johnny smithers, Frank Fuller wrote: I never meant I was checking the compression going down the road I meant it just quit running while I was going down the road. It's not a wiring problem that's what I meant. I'd like to know how to do a compression check going down the road that will be interesting. I'm going to bring the car home tomorrow and do a compression check on it at home not on the road thank you. I think it's passenger side timing belt

Reply to
Frank Fuller

Baby son tore down his KX250 transmission somewhere in the backwoods of Kennedy Meadows. I always carried lots of tools AND the green trashbag which lined my helmet into which he drained the oil.

Do you always carry a lot of spare parts, or did you just get lucky?

:-) I did that once on a 69 LTD. Everything but the final torquing of the heads, which I wasn't strong enough to do.

Reply to
The Real Bev

You'll probably find that replacing the head gasket on an overhead cam engine to be somewhat more involved than those pre-seventies OHV engines.

Reply to
dsi1

My brother-in-laws had their truck break down while moving their stuff to a nother state. As they tend to do, their plan was to fix it themselves. They were discouraged by the snowy weather but the guy at the junkyard told the m there was a repair shop just down the road. They went to the shop and whe n they walked in, everyone stopped and stared at them. They had picked up a hitchhiker a while back who promised them some weed if they gave him a rid e home. He said his name was Robert Zimmerman.

My brother-in-laws asked Mr. Zimmerman what the heck was up, He said "I don no, maybe they seen a ghost." Anyway the truck got fixed and the guys were charged only for the parts. During the ride, the hitchhiker said he was a s inger-songwriter. Of course, my brother-in-law asked him to sing his stuff. That was a mistake because he said it was the worst caterwauling he'd ever heard. My brother-in-law stopped him and asked if he knew any Hendrix tune s. Hee hee.

All I know is that it must have been one heck of a trip.

Wireless headphones could become popular. In fact, the new iPhone has no he adphone jack so you're forced to go wireless if you listen to music. If you think people using bluetooth headsets are a problem now, this whole thing could explode. The great thing about this is that you'll be able to receive a phone call in both ears - this will increase comprehension greatly. My g uess is that the market for standard bluetooth headset receivers will dry u p.

Reply to
dsi1