94 Saturn sl2 collant light

I've started driving my mothers 1994 Saturn sl2. Starting on a cold day once I had the coolant low/trans overheat light come on intermittantly. I checked the fluids and they seem okay.

Hasn't happened since, but I'm wondering if there is something I should worry about.

Nils K. Hammer

Reply to
synthius2002

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

did you actually check the rad or just the overflow tank. Sounds like the cold lowered the level enough to just barely set off the low light. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

Thanks, I'll be reading the shop manual about how to access the radiator, it's covered up by a housing. I've never been very trusting of those overflow tanks, which the official story sez are all you need to check.

Nils

Reply to
synthius2002

Look on youtube for videos of this issue. My 99 Saturn was doing the same thing. I took the overflow bottle off the car and thoroughly hosed it out to get all the gunk out of it so the float inside the bottle that turns the light on was free to move again and that fixed the problem.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher