temperature/collant light on randomly

I have a 99 SL2 with 60k miles. There is a single light for both temperature and coolant level. A few months ago the light came on shortly after starting the car. It went away after a few minutes. It happened again and now happens whenever I drive the car, with the light coming on randomly while driving.

The light is coming right after a cold start, and during driving, even though the needle isn't even 1/4 way up. The temperature never gets up to the halfway mark, even sitting in traffic. I notice that the light sometimes stops blinking after a turn or after going up or down a hill.

The car has been running without a problem hasn't been overheating, and the coolant level is fine. Any idea what might be the cause and if so how would I fix it????

The coolant appears to be the appropriate color as well.

Reply to
Brett

Sounds like the coolant level may be low, or the coolant level sensor in the recovery reservoir may be going bad.

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Reply to
Brett

Replace it yourself then. Shouldn't be too bad ... .just remove the coolant recovery tank.

Reply to
Bob Shuman