96 honda civic MIL code 1 but everything ok after re-ignition

hi everyone, I got a 96 honda civic 1.6 coupe. the check engine light comes on mostly after 10 mins driving. if I stop the car and re start the engine, the light will out right away. and all the day the light is keep out. And all these will happen again on next day. I guess there must be some relations with the temprature of the engine?

I did a self diagnosis, the code was 1. I don't want to change a O2 sensor as it must be expensive.

so, is that dangerous if I keep drving like that? BTW, the car consume 8.5L / 100km on freeway and city road combination. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
wangsb