96 Isuzu Rodeo fast idle

Our Rodeo (3.2L V6) idles very fast - about 2200 rpm. We had it worked on before for this and they replaced the "idle motor" (which is actually a solenoid and not a motor). That fixed it for a while but then the idle speed gradually crept up again. It's now at the stage where heads turn in a parking lot! Worse, I have to use the brakes way too much on long downhill runs (we take it up to Lake Arrowhead on the weekends so we descend 4,000 feet on Monday commutes!). Anyone seen this?

George

Reply to
George Brims