'96 Sebring problems

I'm looking at a '96 Sebring with around 100k on it. It has a few issues that I would like advice on.

The gauges on the dash including the odometer don't work. Common issue? Easy fix?

Rear window not working. I know in the old Lebarons it was cheaper and easier to buy another car than it was to fix the rear windows. Still the casein this generation or did they improve this?

A/C system is blowing hot air. At the age and mileage I'm figuring a compressor and dryer. Does this car have any other common failure items in the a/c system?

Thanx for any advice you can offer. Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Not an expert on Chryslers, but the dash cluster on my brothers 2006 Silverado had to be taken out to be fixed, after a week went by they dealer said it was unrepairable so a new on was installed. My brother was 800 miles from home and lost 10 days pay, but at least he wasn't paying a hotel bill....he was at mothers house... The repair was covered under an extended by GM as there have been numerous cluster failures since 2003. None of the gauges worked or the odometer. The cost of the part new was $295.00 Funny thing was he asked to have a new cluster installed, but the dealer refused saying the original has to be used because the mileage is stored inside, and they didn't want to recalibrate it.......but they ended up having to do just that when the firm that repairs the cluster said the original was shot with only

54,000 miles.

My transmission mechanic bought a 1990 LeBaron with inoperable rear windows. I guess the channel the rear window dropped into were notorious for filling with water and shorting out the window motors.

Good Luck,

harryface

91 Bonneville 321,698 05 Park Avenue 98,756
Reply to
Harry Face

If you're lucky, the guage cluster is a loose connector or a fuse blown. Are ANY of the gauges working? Fuel, Oil, Temp? If not it's something common and I would go looking for a fuse or a loose connector.

The A/C? Whew. My LHS started blowing hot air, and I was working for a Toyota dealer at the time, but my shop was operating in the Chrysler dealer owned by the same owner. I asked one of the techs, and he said, at least on the LHS, that the exchanger was known for leaking refrigerant. How easy to fix? He said, "Ever hear the joke about how Fords are built around the heater core?"

It would have cost >$2,500, even with my DISCOUNT to fix the problem! Involved ripping the dash out. The car became a Winter car...

Check with a local dealer and see if this car suffers the same problem . And get that window fixed. You're going to need it for the 4/60 Air Conditioning...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B