Reputable A/C repair in NE Calgary?

My '93 Mazda 626 blew a high pressure A/C line last year. Considering the cost of having a shop do the work, I decided to repair this myself. Last autumn I bought a few cans of R134a, a vacuum pump with gauges, A/C line, dryer, o-rings, and R134a conversion fittings.

I've gone to the trouble of draining the oil out of the compressor, flushing out the lines (how well, I don't know), replacing the line and the dryer. I tried to add a can of Ester oil to the system after pulling a vacuum, but it turns out that my low side R134a fitting leaked and I can't say how much oil actually went into the system. My second low side fitting doesn't appear to leak, but doesn't make a good seal with my filling hardware.

At this point I should add Ester oil to the compressor and charge the system with R134a, but I can't get the system to hold a vacuum. With the vacuum pump running, I get a draw of 26in/hg. I close the valves on my gauges and shut down the pump. After about 15 minutes I'm down to 20in/hg.

At this point I'm tired of all the work that I've done and want to find a reputable shop to take care of this. At least all the body work is off the car, giving easy access to all the various parts of the system.

Can anyone suggest a reputable A/C shop in NE Calgary?

What should I be asking for? - Simply tell them to "fix it"? - Explain what I've done and spell out what I want? i.e. Tell them to fix the leaks & low fitting, flush the system, add the oil, and charge with R134a?

Also, I don't want my new dryer contaminated. Is it helpful at all to bring my old dryer for them to connect while flushing out, or will they just disconnect the new dryer anyhow?

Replies are appreciated... Email is valid for those wishing to respond directly.

Reply to
Calab

Auto Temp air and sound.

Reply to
newsgroups

Hi, Two experiences with Auto Temp. My car a/c was intermittent. They said it needs refrigerant top up which was done. Same problem. After repeated visit I trouble shot it myself which was a loose electrical connection to dash a/c control panel. Next when my wife took her new car there to have a remote starter installed. They did not have a clue what to do. Could not install one. Went to ARA, they did it within couple hours.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I have to agree with Tony.

My impressions of Auto Temp not good based upon my dealing with them. I would never take my car there (at least the one on 58th SW)

Cheers

Reply to
* Me *