A.C. temps

With an outside temp of 88 degrees F and my fan on recirculation, the temp coming out of my A.C. vents is around 49 degrees.

Is that a good temp ?

The A.C. in my CX-7 struggles in keeping a comfortable temp when outside temp is over 90 degrees.

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
Andy K

Sounds a bit high. When I used to work on auto a/c systems I would shoot for

43F outlet temp at ~1800 rpm, hood open. Might want to put the gauges on it.
Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Thanks, I will have it checked out.

Andy

Reply to
Andy K

My former Kia Optima last checked in at 39F.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Found out part of the reason my A.C. was not running so well.

I tried to save money by using a foam filter for my cabin filter.

BIG MISTAKE !

My mechanic found the problem.

It slowed my fan speed by about 1/2.

He told me that when the temp is in the 100s, the car a.c just can not keep up.

Tomorrow I tried out my D.I.Y. car ac.

I may put a small amt. of anti-freeze in the bottles to lower the water temp. __________________

Reply to
Andy K

My recommendation is that you get an extra large ski jacket and install gel ice packs in the lining. Then freeze the whole thing. You'll be as cool as a cucumber - if it was in the refrigerator, of course. As an extra bonus, this offers additional protection in case you crash into something. Better than airbags!

For extra cool, install ice packs in a hat. A loaded pork pie hat will keep you cool and looking stylish! I'm working on some cool pants too, but don't let anyone tell you that where you place the ice pack ain't important - because it is! Good luck!

dsi1

I made this.

Using 5 lbs of dry ice, temp coming out was around 40 degrees F.

It lasted 5 hrs.

Andy

Reply to
Andy K

Cool - literally! I was thinking about using dry ice in my car to kill the roaches in it. This tends to be a problem in the tropics. I'll have to figure out how much dry ice I'd need to completely fill up the cabin with CO2.

My recommendation is that you crack open the window if you feel a little light headed or start breathing at a faster pace. For God's sake, don't fall asleep with your cooler running and the windows closed! Take care, man!

Reply to
dsi1

DO NOT DO THIS! This is very, very dangerous. Environments like this are bound to attract polar bears and there is nothing worse on a hot summer day than being mauled by polar bears desperately seeking refrigeration.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Install a generator on a bracket on the rear of your car and an 18,000 btu airconditioner in the rear window. Frosty man, FROSTY!

Reply to
JR

Are you wanting to freeze them to death or suffocate them ?

If the latter, one lb. of dry ice will do the trick.

Andy

Reply to
Andy K

Don't touch dry ice with your bare hands.

Reply to
JR

This can be a problem if one is too far North. Just make sure your jacket h as a supply of salmon loaded up in the jacket for such occasions. I find th at 50 pounds of salmon thrown at the proper intervals will stop even the mo st persistent of bears. Thanks for reminding me about this.

Reply to
dsi1

Thanks for the info - this is the kind of information you can't find anywhere except Usenet! Hoohaa!

Reply to
dsi1