AC advice needed

1994 Honda Accord, daughter's car. R134

Upon trying to charge, I get the following readings. Low side 50 psi, High side cycles between 350 and 450 psi. Ambient temp = 85°±.

Tried vacuum pump for three hours to remove any moisture, added Freon and got the same readings as above.

What faulty component prevents the low side from drawing down to a lower pressure, ergo, cooler air.

Thanks for the education,

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

twisted

cheap route would be to replace the orfice tube first. (well, I just looked up your part and it's an expansion valve assembly that'll cost around $33) Four Seasons part #39000

Reply to
CEG