Advice needed on how to locate intermittent short.

My '95 Grand Marquis will occasionaly be dead in the morning. If I get a boost it runs fine all day. If I disconnect the battery overnight, it starts fine in the morning.

I noticed a 1.3 amp draw directly after a problem and the next day a

0.44 Amp draw.

My guess is that there is a short or that the air suspension pump may be coming on.

Is there a tool or a method to find the problem?

BoyntonStu

Reply to
Stu

Pull fuses one at a time until you see the 1.4A draw drop significantly. That's the circuit you'll need to investigate.

The various computers in the vehicle do draw on the battery when ignition is off to maintain memory of last running parameters. Typically around 100 mA max.

Stu wrote:

Reply to
Mike Behnke