Aftermarket radio in '06 GMC

I have an '06 Sierra W/T with a stock AM/FM radio, no extra gadgets, auto-volume, GPS, LCD screen. The driver information display is part of the instrument cluster.

Can I remove it without affecting the computer? The highly trained rocket scientist at Cicuit City said for _all_ new cars you need to purchase an intermediate harness ($135) or else the truck won't run.

I could see where removing the radio on a Lucerne could cause fault codes but on a Sierra W/T?

Reply to
RayV

Yes your truck will run but get an adaptor anyway. What you will lose is the warning chimes for keys in ignition, seatbelts, oil life, basically any warning that displays on the DIC and the key-off accessory power. Look around I have seen them at Meijer for 50 bucks. It just makes the install so much easier. I put one in my 06 WT just because when I get cocky "I won?t leave my keys in the ignition" I surely will.

Reply to
gm_geezer