Air Cond/Vent Fan Cut-out at High RPM or Open Throttle Position, '94 Grand Caravan

SUBJ: Air Cond/Vent Fan Cut-out at High RPM or Open Throttle Position, '94 Grand Caravan

I've got an intermittent problem with my vent fan, and now, my air cond compressor. The fan speed switch works fine sometime, but other times the fan will only operate on the highest setting. Just this past weekend, the air cond compressor doesn't seem to be engaging when the air cond is switched on, at any rate, there's no cooling.

I'm thinking this could have something to do with an automatic control that I'm aware of, I don't know if it's throttle position activated or what, which has always caused the fan to cut-out under high-throttle conditions, such as when the car drops down a gear on the freeway going up a moderate hill with a fully loaded vehicle. I'm thinking now maybe that switch or control is sticking/not operating correctly.

I saw in the engine compartment power center there are fuses and relays for "hi speed fan" & "lo speed fan", but I'm thinking this is the radiator fan.

At any rate, anybody know about this throttle-engine speed-vent fan connection, and what I might try replacing to correct this intermittent condition?

Thanks, John Czoykowski, St. Clair Shores MI

Reply to
John Czoykowski