all about oil

Regarding yor last post, your right on the money! Ahh, I long for the days of you're.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

We have a nation of young people who believe reading and writing is now irrelevant. Cell phones, videos and such will eliminate the need for printed or written materials. Truly that is the belief of many today. Written or printed English is obsolete.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

As does double posting!

Reply to
Comboverfish

As does double posting!

Reply to
Comboverfish

Regarding yore last post, your right on the money! Ahh, I long for the

days of you're.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

What bothers me as much as people not understanding correct grammar is the attitude that "it doesn't matter, people (or "ppl," GRRRR!!) know what I'm saying."

Damn text-messaging bastardizations of spelling and grammar!

Reply to
Steve

Yore definately write their!!

Reply to
cavedweller

Hee hee!! They're, I said it.

Reply to
Comboverfish

Excellant!!

Reply to
cavedweller

Bad spelling is an attitude since a bad speller has the feeling that the word does not look or feel right. But grammar slip by me most of the time. Correcting a mistake that I am not aware of is difficult. Spelling mistakes are flagged right after I write but for grammar there are no flags except that my grammar is bad. If you have a practical solution, that would make a difference.

Reply to
NN

Don't worry about it. That's a practical solution.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

Bad grammar has a powerful ability to detract from the subject matter I was attempting to communicate. The content it dwarfed by the change to grammar as the primary issue to be resolved. I hope I never have to defend myself in court (46years old). Grammar should be mastered be appearing in court, if possible. No one would point out bad grammar but it would be a thought some would have, not what I was trying to communicate. Getting flagged for bad grammar on the net is not personal. Soon you accept as truth. So pointing out bad grammar might result in the truth for that person at best. I am not sure if it helps the forum's topic in the short term. A great example of the oil issue is a glass of milk. Oil is your milk and the glass is your engine. Take a big drink and stop for a while (engine sitting a while). The glass will have a film of milk on the sides and later the film is not visible as it settled over time. But you still will wash the sides because somehow you know there is still a film of milk there but you can,t see. Modern oil's have a similar behavior.

Reply to
NN

The worthless crap is the difference between walking 2 miles to the supermarket on a rainy cold day and driving. So I agree there is no value if sold but for what it does, it is anything but worthless. Try that and you will agree, or just walk through it in your mind, the value of service it provides is so much better than without, that imagining being without it will be enough to see it worth besides money and its ability to provide service for some future rainy day that may come.

Reply to
NN

I actually found a software for grammar and operates in realtime.

Reply to
NN

I thought he was a foreigner or a american smart ass. It is bad if he was just a normal american. If that is normal.... then progress is regress, reaching a new level is not always up, personal growth is lateral, switching one bad habit with another, free spirits are irresponsible people who society accepts, and finally if I can afford bail and pay the damages and more, I am healed immediately from mental illness, they stop calling me crazy and thank me for the extras.

Reply to
NN