Are my A/C guages screwed up?

I am redoing my 96 silverado air. After evacuation, it slowly in about

5 minutes learks to zero. But, if I remove the high pressure hose on my guages, and leave the low pressure intact, it will hold vacuum overnight. Could this mean my guages are bad?
Reply to
stryped

Or the connections they hook up to.

Turn out everything that makes a sound, then put your ear to the gauges and hoses. Hear anything leaking?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

check for a missing or bad o-ring on your hose connection.

Bad schrader valve maybe??

Reply to
m6onz5a