Backup Sensors All The Same?? (Repair)

I got one of my backup sensors mashed, and decided to stop by the local junkyard to get some replacements. The socket/connector (2003 Pontiac Montana) is slightly different on the ones I got from a later model. I can't imagine what benefit there might be for changing the connector so slightly unless there were an actual electrical difference. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks!

GMS

Reply to
gmark

unkyard to get some replacements.  The socket/connector (2003 Pontiac Mon tana) is slightly different on the ones I got from

g the connector so slightly unless there were an actual electrical differen ce.  Anyone know for sure?

stick a meter on it and see what the readings are compared to your other ones.

Reply to
m6onz5a

junkyard to get some replacements. The socket/connector (2003 Pontiac Montana) is slightly different on the ones I got from

connector so slightly unless there were an actual electrical difference. Anyone know for sure?

As a rule, things change from year to year and are not the same. Especially if there is a different connector.

Here is a bit of discussion on these along with the electronic specifications for one specific sensor. Note that the various electrical specifications can change from sensor to sensor. And installing a sensor with different specifications could damage the control circuitry or not function correctly...

Bill