BBC 402 Oil Pressure Line Location?

Ok,,, probably dumb question but I cannot figure it out.

Have a 1972 Big Block Chevy 402 Where abouts on the block does the oil pressure gauge line hook up to?

Thanks Much!

Reply to
Rick2950

Have u looked near (behind) base of distributor OR near the top of the oil filter? HTH, s

Reply to
sdlomi2

dumb question but I cannot figure it out.

There is no threaded hole located near the base of the distributor (such as on small block chevys) I have found 3 different threaded holes directly above the oil filter though, the center hole is larger than the holes on either side,, I wonder which of the 3 is for the oil pressure line?

Reply to
Rick2950

Start it up and see which one the oil shoots out of...

Reply to
M.M.

Does it hve an oil pressure sender unit on it? s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Is any 1 of them a 1/8-inch pipe thread? If so, that'd be one to try. s

Reply to
sdlomi2