bending brake line

('04 Cavalier, rust belt)

I have to replace some brake line, and I'm thinking of doing the whole run to the back wheels. Doing that would be a lot easier if the line could be bent _easily_. I'm looking at AGS Nicopp (definitely bendable, $$$) and Poly-Armour (not sure about bending, about half the price).

I'd appreciate hearing ppl's thoughts/experience with these or others.

Thanks.

Reply to
George

Go with the NiCopp line. More expensive BUT it won't rot out again. Just be sure to use the correct line nuts on it. They have a coating to prevent rust (or if you can find them use stainless line nuts)

I've used uncoated steel lines, coated steel, NiCopp, and stainless.

With the coated lines you have to remove the coating for every flare, which just invites rust at every connection. If the coating gets scraped or damaged it traps moisture and causes rust.

Plain steel - You see what that's like in salt land.

NiCopp and Cunifer- Same stuff different companies. 90% copper 10% nickle. Strong as steel line but bends like copper. VERY easy to work with. Flares with a hard stare. Polishes up to a nice color. Doesn't rot/rust. More $ than steel but very worth it.

Stainless - Looks great, doesn't rust. is a royal bitch to bend, flare and in general work with. Far more $$ than steel or NiCopp. Lasts forever.

Reply to
Steve W.

Poly-Armour isn't bad for bending. the copper/nickel is the way to go though.

If you don't care how it looks underneath get the rolls of line.

Reply to
m6onz5a

I respectfully disagree. the NiCopp brand tube nuts rust *faster* IME than regular Dorman ones. Stainless is an option however, but good luck finding a local source (unless you live by Summit, Jeg's, Speedway, etc.)

nate

Reply to
N8N

At our place we only sell 25ft rolls of NiCopp and brass fittings.

Reply to
m6onz5a