Brake bleeding suggestion.

After recently replacing a rear wheel caliper and attempting to flushing the brake fluid using the vacuum method, which did not work worth a dam producing nothing but constant bubbles in the fluid, I hit upon the use of clear tubing which fits tightly around the bleeding nipple then a short runner, about 1" and forming a loop like O taking the fluid off the top to the used fluid container. Reverting to the time proven two person method you can easily see when the fluid runs clear and a box wrench just fits over the tubing to engage the bleed screw. P.S. The vacuum method producing bubbles is caused by pulling air pass the threads of the bleed screw in most cases.

***************** Thank You snipped-for-privacy@msbx.net

To reply to this email please remove the AT after the kGb in the reply to address as shown above.

Reply to
KG

brake fluid using the

bubbles in the fluid,

nipple then a short

used fluid

when the fluid runs

threads of the bleed

fwiw, I've started buying speed bleeders for my cars. They rock.

We bleed the brakes on the race car a lot, and this makes it way simple for me to do myself when my buddies are too tired from fixing the rest of the stuff I've busted. :)

Ray

Reply to
Ray

KG wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Wrap some Teflon tape around the threads of the bleed screw. Problem solved.

Reply to
Tegger

Thank you for the replies. Speed bleeders look great, unfortunate I very seldom flush or replace brake components on the same auto more than once.