Suspension Modification For Improved Ride Quality

I am looking for someone to do a custom suspension for me. The desired goal is to make a modern 2006 car ride like a full floating 1970's America car like say a 1975 Eldorado. The most likely car to modify is the 2006 Lincoln Towncar and the target ride being the 1985 Town Car.

Why would anyone what to do this? I have a bad neck and every time I hit an expansion crack in the road with one of today's cars it is like some one is stabbing me in the neck with an ice pick. There are no longer any good riding new cars. Try driving a new Towncar on the long island express way. You might as well be in a cement mixer. Now if my plan fails I will just buy a 1981 Towncar but reliability issues worry me.

Now what I am proposing is the opposite of what custom suspension shops usually do. However it should be significantly easier than your normal run of customers. I would guess new springs, shocks, roll bars and bushings would do it. (The problem of course is which shocks...) I don't even think you will need to add any suspension travel. This also might be a new market. There must be ten thousand Town Car Livery Cabs in New York: each on pounding the crap out of paying customers ever day. Cars that handle well are no longer rare and this must be cutting into your primary business.

If I can get a Town Car to ride like American cars used to my next and seriously weirder goal is to improve the ride of an Audi TT to the point where I can drive it. Before neck went out I was a serious sports car nut. Now I am happy if I can drive at all but I really would like to own a TT (the first generation of course).

If you know of anyone who might be interested in this let me know.

Sean O'Malley snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Sean William O'Malley

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Go out and find a 1981 TownCar that you are happy with the ride on.

Send me both cars and 7000 dollors....and....i will gaurantee that the 2006 rides like the 1981.

oh yeah..and for 7000 dollors more...i will return your

1981 to you with a BETTER suspension system.

fact,not fiction

~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his crownroyal~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

15 inch rims, with tall sidewall tires the same diameter as what you have now.
Reply to
Steve Walker