Brake Caliper

Seems my driver side front brakes are always on, doesnt lock up but heats up the rotor and rim, has a burning smell also. Repalced pads and the caliper, still seems to have the same problem. Could the master cylindar be the problem

Reply to
hjcfz

Shep

Yes, the master cylinder could be the problem. However, I would suggest replacing the flex hose to that caliper first. Flex hoses sometimes collaspe internally and act like a one way valve. They allow pressure to be applied to the caliper normally, but restrict the return flow and cause partial engagement of the pads.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

check your brake line sticky cal piston