Brakes

My mechanic told me I need to replace brakes very soon on my Quest

2001. He said disks are too thin and need to be replaced too. What else do or should I replace? What parts do I need overal for this brake service?
Reply to
Sasha

That is a hard question to answer. You would expect that if you haven't had any problems with the brakes to not to need any more the brake pads themselves.

Its hard to give a list because once he gets into the job other things might need attention. Caliper slides might need to be cleaned and greased. Sometimes even the caliper itself might need to be replaced. And there could be other parts needed that are unseen.

But again usually for a normal brake job after brake pads and rotors(disks) you will have a nice safe car again and with nothing else needed.

Reply to
motoron

Probably best to ask the mechanic who can actually see the vehicle what parts need to be replaced. Hopefully you will get off with just new pads and rotors but there could be more that needs to be replaced. Stay away from the chain brake shop places. When you go there suddenly everything needs to be replaced. Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.