C7 Corvette

I had a C3 way back then. I agree, it was the last really distinctive Corvette. Today's suspensions and engines are far better but the styling, not so much.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

The new C7 Corvette is starting to grow on me.

It's going to be okay for what they are trying to do but the rear-end design is a little rough and could use some help. ("Help" means Italian design studios that specialize in shape of the body.)

Also, the vents in the bodywork look like plastic where aluminum would be better.

The Sting Ray emblem looks like something from JC Whitney. The best Corvette emblem is the crossed checkered flags.

In a rear three-quarter view, the car still looks more like a Japanese sport coupe then something exotic.

Something exotic ? Here are two links:

PolicySpy

Well, I'm starting to see the stingray design element everywhere. The fastback narrows down as it moves to the rear.

But the Covette could look less like a sport coupe if the top were lower at the front windshield and then the fastback had less slope to it. So, more like the Ferrari 458.

However, I wouldn't use the Stingray emblem but would stick with the crossed checkered flags.

Then I'll repeat again what is being said on Corvette forums. They don't like the square taillights and they want a third transmission option of an electronic dual-clutch.

Reply to
PolicySpy

tback narrows down as it moves to the rear. But the Covette could look less like a sport coupe if the top were lower at the front windshield and then the fastback had less slope to it. So, more like the Ferrari 458. However, I wouldn't use the Stingray emblem but would stick with the crossed checker ed flags. Then I'll repeat again what is being said on Corvette forums. The y don't like the square taillights and they want a third transmission optio n of an electronic dual-clutch.

Continuing to look at photos of the C7 Corvette.

I suppose the slope on the roof is okay. But the C7 just looks more like a sport coupe than the 458. The C5 doesn't look like a sport coupe.

The tee-top off doesn't help much. The convertible might do it but not from a quick look at the photos. Silver or blue color seems better than red col or.

Reply to
PolicySpy