Mitsubishi Lancer EVO vs Corvette

The EVO costs FAR less than the Corvette but the results aren't a surprise to me as Corvettes are OVERPRICED and Underpowered compared to the competition.

Sal

BFD, it did a 13 and half second quarter mile. Must have been on nitrous.

Reply to
Spud

It was Sal who was (trying to) drive the Corvette. He was unable to launch without killing the motor.

AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops) *

  • - I have personally driven it 300 mph at Bonneville, handicapping 16 various VAG products a half-mile. I passed them all before the one-mile mark, not feeling the least bit guilty about plugging their radiators with salt-spray. Considering the iron in question, I refused the pink slips, but did accept the next 16 wash and wax jobs from a pimple-faced twit named "Sal". ;-)
Reply to
CardsFan

You're blind it was like 10 something for the evo

Reply to
Sal

Watch the video you dip shit.

Reply to
Spud

Evos are much better than Corvettes and for one thing they can actually corner unlike corvettes with stupid 2 wheel drive. That's why cars that cost half as much as a ZO6 have a faster 0-60 time because they can actually get the power to the ground because of AWD.

Sal

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 01:55:23 GMT, "CardsFan" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Wow, you just brought back a really fond memory. Way back, and I ain't saying how far, I had this rip snorting `72 X-Code GTO. Beast which was retro-fitted with a highly modified `71's YA-Code 455 HO SD engine factory rated @ 360hp in stock trim, and lord knows how much torque (didn't advertised #'s back then or way under reported them because of insurance).

Any how this tire-eatin, Sunoco 260 guzzling beast & I were the Cock of the walk, El Numero Uno, when a pup with a Brandie New Datsun Z starts talkin all this crap about how fast his piece of Jap Crap is. I keep tellin him, "Boy there's fast, and then there is 1/4 mile fast", at the time I was running every weekend @ DelMarVa and was pretty damn consistent.

Anyhow long story short, I finally tell him I'm not turning a Cam for anything less then a C-note and he agrees. We head out to the local (unofficial strip) and the dumb bastard dumps the clutch off the line & stalls it. I comeback to the starting line and he's still talking crap in front of a group of our friends. This time I give him two car lengths, panties drop and slicker then cat with it's ass on fire, I'm by him 2-seconds after launch. Bastard never did pay me my money.

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses