Can a few ounces of kerosene improve gas-mileage?

Have any studies been done regarding how a few ounces of kerosene added to 10 to 15 gallons of gasoline can bring noticable improvements to fuel economy?

Included is a link to a product (a "combustion modifier of sorts") that was developed with support of university and applied tests. Can parallels with kerosene be comapred to the GTA Fuel-Enhancer, VISCON brand products?

EXCERPT: A scientific phenomenon called viscoelasticity is used to reduce fractional distillation of gasoline prior to burning. The result is a more homogeneous air/fuel mixture in the cylinder at the molecular level.

Thank-you

Reply to
justobservant

If you believe that fuel enhancers and other elixirs can improve an already highly complex product like gasoline, then please feel free send your money on. There are several companies more than willing to help you.

To be honest I am instantly suspicious when a very small company comes up with a fix that the large oil companies with rooms of highly educated engineers and chemists have missed all these years. Anything is possible I suppose, but I'm not convinced.

Oh, yes, your first question was about adding kerosene to gasoline. Haven't heard of that one, but I doubt you will see much change in a full tank. Added to a gallon it probably will make for some unusual performance.

Reply to
John S.

the last claim on these groups a few weeks ago were for adding acetone (nail polish remover) to gasoline to turn it into a high mileage wonder fuel

Reply to
LoLo

No, it wont work. Don't do it. It may mess with your emissions system and actually do harm.

Reply to
Doug

The fact that you are asking explains why they keep coming up with new miracle products. There's always another doofus out there that is willing to believe. It's the triumph of hope over reality as someone once said about second marriages.

Reply to
Al Bundy

You're wrong. It actually works, but only if you also attach a magnet to the a fuel line.

Reply to
223rem

Nope... BS.

Reply to
<HLS

And add a "Tornado" to the air intake.

Reply to
Justin Sane

I haven't a clue, but have repeatedly heard that a small amount of Diesel fuel will help prevent vapor lock. Never had to try it, but I've heard it enough that there might be something to it.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

And replace you air filter with pantyhose.

Reply to
armourereric

Isn't Kerosene more expensive than gasoline? Better be *real* noticable improvements in fuel economy.

BTW, I'm not being the guinea pig. Someone else can try it and let me know.

Reply to
khjc

molecular

Considering that the kero will burn like oil in the system and burning oil is REALLY bad for the converter why would you want to poison the system? Like replacing those parts?

Basically it is BS, Just like adding Acetone, Moth Balls, Diesel and a few others.

Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to
justobservant

This is still based on the myth that mixture is not homogenous on current engines, which is not true. The inefficiency of current engines is a THERMAL thing, not a mixture thing.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Fractional Distillation is the process used to refine crude oil in order to extract the petrol in the first place! There is no *Fractional Distillation* going on in your engine that could be *reduced*! That statement alone should hint at the reliability of this advice.

Rob

Reply to
RobDee

The "heck" with "disingenuous fuel additives" and defraying fossil fuel usage through ethanol. How about a diesel vehicle that can run on biodiesel? I actually have a filling-station that sells biodiesel, and

20 percent fuels blended with biodiesel. "Sure beats 'hard to find' ethanol!"
Reply to
justobservant

what's so difficult about burning biodiesel? I wasn't aware of any major modifications that needed to be made at all...

nate

Reply to
N8N