Can I start this flooded car?

2008 Honda Civic Hydrid in garage. After I came back from vacation, found v ery wet carpets inside, and water drops in tail pipe, but engine compartmen t looks completely dry. Engine oil dipstick and transmission fluid dipstick are also free of water. The high water mark in the car may be just above t he edge of the passenger compartment (so I suppose water seeps in from ther e). Can I try starting the engine?
Reply to
yong321

It's a hybrid. Have it towed to a Honda dealer and let them inspect. If water was inside the car then it probably got into both motors and batteries.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Thanks. I can turn on the lights, turn key to ON and open the windows. So the battery works. Everything in the engine compartment looks dry including the battery terminals. If you're talking about the IMA battery, I don't know.

Reply to
yong321

Update. I was able to start the engine. The water was half way on the wheel. I'll remember that mark.

Some articles say weird problem might happen down the road if the car is really flooded. But since I don't have comprehensive insurance, this is all I want to do now.

Reply to
crystalhuangbhs