Car Wash can damage.

I once read an article about a guy who painted the undrside of his new

1950 Ford car with roofing paint and he also removed the door panels and he painted the inside door metal areas with roofing paint.He said it dampened the noise and added protection agains't rust.Another article I read was about how to rig up some pipe and drill a bunch of holes in the pipe and hook it up to a garden hose.The idea is to drive the vehicle over it once in a while to wash off the dirt and salt that is put down on roads and bridges in the winter time. cuhulin
Reply to
cuhulin

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news:21962-45CE5442-679@storefull-

3255.bay.webtv.net:

Aren't you the same guy who wanted to put whiskey in his gas tank to get rid of the water in the tank?

Reply to
Tegger

May as well be, but the principle is sound. I remember my grandfather had an old Willys Jeep (I barely remember it; he sold it when I was real young) anyway he claimed that once a year he would clean the underside of it well, and then paint the frame with whatever paint he had laying around and a brush. Probably would horrify a restorer, but he says that when he sold it the frame still looked like new, which is saying something for Western PA.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Whiskey is for drinkin,,, gas is for drivin. I am Scotch Irish by Ancestry.Can't you tell? cuhulin,Cattle Raid Of Cooley

Reply to
cuhulin

juneberry78s.com Leaving Dear Old Ireland

From this point on,I will say no more that concerns me auld home Country. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

The father of one my room-mates in college worked for one of the railroads over in IN or something... can't remember. Anyway a coworker there had one of his cars painted with the rust-proofing paint used on the railcars as a base coat. I suppose only on the underside and other rust-prone areas. Story was it the car didn't rust out. Sounded like a reasonable story to me as it was someone with access to paints designed for long term harsh duty.

Reply to
Brent P

Must for Rust. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

That sounds like a good idea to me. But where do I put the cherry and the bitters?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote in news:eqngte$1k1$ snipped-for-privacy@panix2.panix.com:

The cherry might clog the fuel filter. I suggest the cherry should go into the oral cavity.

Reply to
Tegger