Carter is the only company that makes "in fuel tank" fuel pumps for the 1997 suburban

Its a sad state of affairs. Their product fails frequently. I asked my mechanic about a better alternative and there isn't any other option.
I asked about in line fuel pumps. He said he knows of people who tried that and that does not work. The fuel pressure must not be to low or too high. He says the fuel pump is somehow tied into the computer also. I get the impression GM wants to go bankrupt. Does anyone know of an alternative to buying the Carter fuel pump?
snipped-for-privacy@sasktel.net wrote:

Napa shows three choices.

NAPA shows three line codes available:
NFP which is probably a Carter DEL which is Delphi BOS which is Bosch
Also found listings for Airtex and Walbro thru other suppliers.
thank you for everyones input. i made a few calls this morning and there are other brands i can buy locally (delphi and delco). The fellow that named delphi and delco said they are more money but worth it. He said GM uses delphi and delco in vehicles from the factory. One company can even install a booster inline pump. I am not sure what my mechanic was thinking. Toyotas have fewest repairs so it would be wise to find out what brand they use.
snipped-for-privacy@sasktel.net wrote:

Horse crap. For one thing, there may not even be a pump used by Toyota that matches the specifications that your vehicle requires. For another, Toyota uses 99% of the same "accessory" components as other automakers- Nippondenso alternators, starters, AC compressors come to mind, and they're used by dozens of other companies. They're no different than any other carmaker.
airtech and delphi both also makes them for your app.