AT fluid from Sam's Club

Do you guys know if the non-name ATF from Sam's Club (Dexron III type) is worth anything good? Cost is $18 per 12qt case. Or you would do better with more expensive name brand stuff?

Reply to
Pszemol

Car? Age? Use? How often do you change it?... etc.

Reply to
Noozer

Why would you need so much? Are you running a fleet of cars?

Do you own a yugo with an automatic transmission and have to add it more often than fuel?

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Why would the car be important here? The question was about the quality of the fluid, not the car.

If you never used it or do not know who makes it for Sam's Club you probably do not know the answer and knowing what kind of car it is will not help much...

Reply to
Pszemol

Exactly. And to replace more fluid you would need to drain it twice or three times. 12qt is not that much if you think about it.

Good for you!

Reply to
Pszemol

No. All you've accomplished is to piss your money away.

Unless you drive 300,000 miles a year, you shouldn't need to change it more than every 2-3 years.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

You do a change every few months? Can I have your old AT fluid? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

AZ Nomad wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ip70-176-155-130.ph.ph.cox.net:

But it makes me FEEL GOOD. :)

We had an automatic go bad in our old '86 MR2 because the fluid was never changed. I don't care about the money. I care about durability.

Reply to
Tegger

"Pszemol" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@poczta.onet.pl:

The stuff's made by an outfit called "Specialty Oil Company". Specialty Oil Company appears to be part of Quaker State.

You can see this yourself by searching the MSDS for the product.

Knowing who made it tells you nothing about quality, if that's what you're looking for.

Reply to
Tegger

Yes, I found it:

Very good, Tegger! You are very helpful.

Yes, you right - but I would prefer if a product was made by a company which knows how to make the product than by a company who nobody knows it existed in some garage ;-)

BTW - I had no idea that PENNZOIL / QUAKER STATE are the same company.

Reply to
Pszemol

"Pszemol" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@poczta.onet.pl:

Ford C6. appx 12 qts. c4 is appx 9 qts. most any OD unit is 10 to 13 qts. A case is not much at all. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

If you're changing that often, there's no reason NOT to use the cheap stuff as long as it meets the spec.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

I dont know it personally, but check the following link for their product information sheet. It is not an MSDS, and gives comparative data with other similar fluids.

hls

Ummm..... many (if not MOST) cars require between 8-10 quarts of ATF. Even doing one car that needs 10 quarts means buying a case makes a lot of sense.

Reply to
Steve

I believe the manufacturers recommend much shorter change cycles.

I know that a lot of people dont change their ATF at all. I am not one of them.

Reply to
hls

On top of that, they're both actually owned by the Royal Dutch/Shell group. Been that way for a number of years now.

Reply to
Steve

So, now the questions is about the intelligence of the OP...

The stress placed on ATF in a VW Beetle is NOT going to be the same as in a diesel F500. If you plan on towing a 25 foot motorhome on a regular basis the quality of the ATF will definately come into play here. If you only change your fluid once every 10 years then you obviously want a better fluid than if you changed it monthly.

Reply to
Noozer

The OP is probably about to tell you all about some amazing "new" product........seems like a set up for a spammer.

Reply to
TNKev

Reply to
jonroq

Why do you try so hard to be rude?

Do you have ANY experience with the product or not?

I did not ask if quality of ATF is important or not in case of my car/truck. I asked what is the quality of the ATF...

Reply to
Pszemol