Chinese automobiles?

I came across this list of chinese automobiles, there are so many and for some reason their main objective in life is to reach US and EU main markets

lets see if 1 of 1000 makes it

Does anyone know how the quality or tech is on thesethings/?

Reply to
Ash

You must have your head in the sand or elsewhere not to see what's coming.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Maaate. General Motors will be a division of Chinese auto manufacturer in your lifetime.

Reply to
ShazWozza

Hey, I just looked at my friend's Equinox and the engine is made in China! Just kidding. It's true, but I knew it all along. Runs great. The only problem is the air and wind noise and rattles, which are in the same place as her Blazer. If the Chinese can't take the market by selling vehicles, they will do it in pieces. How do you think Delphi can close 25 of 33 plants and GM still has plenty of parts? I don't have any hard numbers so excuuuuse me. I'm just going by what I see under the hoods and reported in the paper.

Reply to
Al Bundy

I remember about a year or two ago that a group in Houston announced plans to to import Chinese cars to the American market. Haven't heard any more about it recently.

I got the impression at the time that there were problems with getting the product up to regulatory and acceptability standards, but that there was confidence that it could be done.

Reply to
<HLS

Malcolm Bricklin (Subaru 360; Bricklin; Zastava Yugo) is in the process of arranging importation of the "Chery" range of cars from Red China.

Hugo Schmeisser

Makes it where??? Are you asking which cars will be exported, whether they will be reliable or what.

I expect their cars will be exported around the world and will ultimately do very well. I expect that the early cars will have more than their share of problems, but the chinese car manufacturers will learn quickly that quality counts for a lot in most markets. They will also learn that some features and styles work well in some markets and not others. I suspect that Chinese cars in the U.S. will have a rough go for several years, but they they will ultimately produce cars that will compete very well with Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, etc.

Reply to
John S.

Well ... you might start by connecting say Honda, Nissan, KIA ... with some on that list ... e,g, Dongfeng. And I'm guessing "Honda" will be the first.

Reply to
bowgus

Did I invest in "HMC" ... 'fraid so.

Reply to
bowgus

Looks like a slow, but steady, increase for HMC over the past 15 years or so. Not much of a dividend payer.

Reply to
<HLS